Duffy and McGovern Secures New Contract with Sonsub in Angola
Duffy and McGovern has secured an £80,000 deal with Sonsub to provide its high-specification accommodation modules in West Africa.
The deal is Duffy and McGovern Accommodation Services' first with subsea specialist Sonsub, part of the Saipem Group, as it carries out work for Total E&P Angola.
DMAS will provide an office module and two of its four-man sleeper accommodation units to Sonsub for staff on the DP Reel vessel in the Dalia field.
The accommodation being delivered to Sonsub has been fitted with high-specification air conditioning systems to combat the hot temperatures offshore Angola and the contract is due to run for a minimum of five to six months, with options to extend.
Commercial director for DMAS, Craig Russell, said: "This is the first contract in what we hope will be a long-term relationship with Sonsub. Like Sonsub we operate globally and are able to supply accommodation quickly to world-wide offshore projects which are located in or close to all the key locations."
Sonsub specializes in subsea intervention work using remotely operated robotic systems designed for ultradeepwater projects.
- Sonsub's Bar Protector Reaches Milestone Safety Achievment (Oct 15)
- Sonsub Scores Subsea Tie-In Work at West Don Development (Jun 05)
- Sonsub Snags Third Extension for IRM Project in Mediterranean Sea (Jun 05)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Deepwater Nigeria Field Starts Production (Jan 02)
- Total Spuds Well Offshore South Africa (Dec 27)
- Total to Start Crude Exports From New Field Offshore Nigeria (Dec 20)
Company: Duffy & McGovern more info
- Duffy and McGovern Gains New Deals with the Move to Singapore (Aug 08)
- Duffy and McGovern Gearing Up for High Demand (Jul 23)
- Duffy and McGovern Makes Waves in South East Asia (Jun 13)