Altamira LNG Terminal Begins Commercial Operations
The Altamira LNG re-gasification terminal in Mexico has started commercial operations, a spokesperson from Anglo-Dutch oil major Shell (NYSE: RDS-B) told BNamericas.
Shell controls 50% of the terminal, while France's Total (NYSE: TOT) and Japan's Mitsui each hold 25%. Shell and Total hold 75% and 25% respectively of the terminal's capacity rights.
The terminal received the country's first LNG shipment in August, marking the start of the project's commissioning phase. The terminal, near Tampico in Tamaulipas state, received 138,000m3 from Shell.
The terminal will supply natural gas exclusively to Mexico's state power company CFE, which will determine supply volume and frequency, the spokesperson said.
CFE awarded the terminal a contract to supply 5.2Bm3/y of natural gas, the spokesperson added. Additional details were not provided.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)