North West Shelf Expands LNG Sales to Chubu Electric
A new liquefied natural gas supply agreement with a long-term Japanese customer further confirms growing market interest in safe, secure and reliable supplies of LNG from the North West Shelf Venture, according to North West Shelf Australia LNG.
Chubu Electric Power Company, Incorporated and the six participants in the North West Shelf Venture today signed a binding heads of agreement for the supply of over 24 trillion British thermal units, amounting to just less than 0.5 million tons, of LNG a year starting in April 2009 for seven years. This agreement expands the North West Shelf LNG sales to Chubu Electric to over 1 million tons a year from 2009.
North West Shelf Australia LNG President Peter Cleary welcomed today's signing of a heads of agreement between Chubu Electric Power Company, Incorporated and the Venture.
"Chubu Electric is a long-term and highly valued customer of the North West Shelf Venture," Mr. Cleary said.
"We are extremely pleased to further enhance our long-term business relationship and friendship with Chubu Electric which now extends more than 17 years."
The six equal participants in the North West Shelf Venture are: BHP Billiton Petroleum (North West Shelf) Pty Ltd; BP Developments Australia Pty Ltd; Chevron Australia Pty Ltd; Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) Pty Ltd; Shell Development (Australia) Proprietary Limited; and Woodside Energy Ltd (Operator).
CNOOC NWS Private Limited is also a member of the North West Shelf Venture but does not have an interest in North West Shelf Venture infrastructure.
- ExxonMobil and BHP Greenlight Offshore Australia Project (Dec 13)
- Why Majors Will Take a Bigger Role in US Shale (Oct 29)
- Total Rules Out Investing In US Shale Oil After BP-BHP Deal (Aug 27)
Company: BP plc more info
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- BP Plans to Drill 6 More Wells in Azerbaijan (Jan 10)
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Jan 09)
Company: Shell more info
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Nov 27)
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
Company: Woodside more info
- Offshore Australia Contract Goes to KBR (Oct 11)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- Chevron Unveils Shared Vision for North West Shelf Infrastructure Stimulus (May 16)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)
Company: CNOOC more info
- China's Surging Gasoline Exports Hurting Regional Refiners (Jan 15)
- Shell and CNOOC Eye Closer Petchems Collaboration (Oct 24)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)