Oceaneering Wins Mariner Energy Bass Lite Umbilical Contract
Oceaneering International has secured a contract with an approximate value of $30 million from Mariner Energy to supply umbilicals and the related connection hardware for the Bass Lite field development in the Gulf of Mexico.
The order is for steel tube umbilicals totaling over 55 miles in length with hydraulic lines rated for 10,000 psi, as well as electrical and armored fiber optic lines. Umbilical manufacturing is planned to take place at the Oceaneering Multiflex facility in Panama City, Florida.
The umbilicals will be used to tie Bass Lite, located in 6,750 feet of water at Atwater Block 426, to the Devil's Tower spar in Mississippi Canyon Block 773.
- BOEMRE Deems Heater-Treater Cause of Vermilion Fire (May 25)
- Apache Releases Earnings Consideration Elections (Nov 15)
- Apache Finalizes $800MM Merger with Mariner (Nov 10)
Company: Oceaneering International more info
- Oceaneering Names New CEO (Feb 15)
- IoT Technology to Reduce Need for Oil, Gas Workers Offshore (Oct 14)
- Oceaneering Clinches Contract to Provide Subsea Support Vessel in India (Sep 30)