Seimens Wins Supply Contract from Daewoo
The Siemens Industrial Solutions and Services Group (I&S) has received an order from the Korean shipyard Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co. (DSME) to supply electrical equipment for a new semisubmersible offshore drilling rig. The rig will be used for deepwater drilling operations in harsh environments. The final customer is Odfjell Invest Ltd., Hamilton, Bermuda. The order is worth around 15 million euros and the drilling rig is to be delivered in October 2008.
The new drilling rig will be equipped with dual active heave compensating drawworks. For the first time, Sinamics S120 frequency converters will be used on a drilling rig for controlling all the drilling drives including the drawworks. Siemens' scope of supply also includes generators, transformers, medium- and low-voltage switchgear and an uninterruptible power supply (UPS). In addition, Siemens will do the relevant engineering work and will also carry out a power system study.
Siemens Norway is responsible for management of the project. Components will be manufactured in Norway, Germany, the Czech Republic, Switzerland and Indonesia.
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Daewoo more info
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
- Woodside Discovers Gas at Thalin-1A Well Offshore Myanmar (Feb 12)
- Deep-Sea Plan Fails, Leaving Korean Shipyards Struggling (Jul 27)
Company: Siemens more info
- Siemens Subsea to Restructure, Cut Jobs in UK (Nov 18)
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Siemens Trims Job Cut Plans For Unit In Germany (Sep 27)