Wortel-2 to be Plugged and Abandoned
Santos says that the Wortel-2 appraisal well in the Sampang PSC, offshore East Java, Indonesia, has been drilled to a total depth of 1,421 meters and will now be plugged and abandoned having failed to encounter significant hydrocarbons in the 'C' fault block.
The Sedco 601 will now move to the Madura Offshore PSC to drill the Semangka-1 exploration well.
Following the drilling of Semangka-1, it is expected the rig will return to the Sampang PSC to drill the appraisal well Wortel-3, approximately 350m east of the Wortel-1 discovery well which penetrated a 140 meter gas column in good quality reservoir. This well will test the 'B' fault block section, to appraise the extent and quality of the gas reservoir in the Wortel structure.
The participants in the Sampang PSC are Santos (Sampang) Pty Ltd as operator with 40.5%; Singapore Petroleum Sampang Ltd with 36.0%; Cue Sampang Pty Ltd with 13.5% and
PT Petrogas Oyong Jatim with 10.0%
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Cue Energy Resources more info
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- SKK Migas Extends Exploration Period for East Kalimantan's Mahakam PSC (May 04)
- NOPTA Approves Cue's WA-359-P Work Program Suspension, Extends Permit Term (Apr 14)