Dana Spuds Aigrette-1 Offshore Mauritania
The Atwood Hunter has commenced drilling the Dana-operated Aigrette-1 exploration well in Block 7 offshore Mauritania, West Africa. As of October 8th, the well had been drilled to a depth of 1,838 meters and the current operation is drilling ahead.
Aigrette-1 is primarily a gas prospect on trend from the Pelican-1 gas discovery. The primary targets are stacked Cretaceous sandstones with some 0.7 TCF potential. The well is located in a water depth of 1,380 meters approximately 43 km north, northwest of the 2003 Pelican-1 gas discovery. The planned Total Depth is 4,925 meters.
Participants in Block 7 are Dana Petroleum as operator with 36%; Gaz de France with 27.85%; Hardman Resources with 16.0% Woodside with 15%; and Roc Oil with 4.95%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Roc Oil more info
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Gaz de France more info
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
Company: Hardman Resources more info
- Stratic Names Thomas CFO, Director (Jun 11)
- Govt Offers Blocks 2(ab), Guayaguayare to Hardman, Centrica (May 03)
- Tullow Reports Record Results for 2006 (Mar 21)