Hellenic Petroleum & Partners Make Gas Discovery in Libya
Hellenic Petroleum reports a gas discovery in well B1-NC210 in Libya. The well, drilled by Woodside Energy (NA) Ltd., is located in Murzuq Basin approximately 1000 Km south of Tripoli and 150 Km south of the producing Al Wafa Gas Field. The well reached a total depth of 1113 meters.
Wireline log data indicated the potential of several separate hydrocarbon bearing zones. A production test of the deepest zone confirmed the presence of a gas column and flowed 11.0 million standard cubic feet of gas per day (MMscfd) through a 56/64 inch choke. Woodside Energy (N.A.) drilled the well as an operator under the EPSA3 with the National Oil Corporation of Libya.
Interests in Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement and the associated joint venture are Woodside Energy (N.A.) Ltd. as operator with 45%; Repsol Exploration Murzuq with 35%; and Hellenic Petroleum S.A with 20%
The recoverable reserves are under evaluation.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Hellenic Petroleum more info
- Oil Minister: Foreign Oil Companies To Settle Iran's Debt In Euros (Feb 10)
- Vegas Acquires Rights to West Obayed Concession (Dec 17)
- Hellenic Sells 20% Stake in Libyan O&G License (Sep 22)