Manzanillo LNG Supply Contract Attracts Initial 9 Groups
Nine groups attended the first question-and-answer session for the supply component of Mexico's Manzanillo LNG re-gasification project, state power company CFE reported.
Representatives attended the meeting from Transportaciones Maritimas Petroleras; Transportacion Maritima Mexicana; Shell Mexico, Gas Natural; Sumitomo Corporation de Mexico; Grupo Anumen; Gastream Mexico; ChevronTexaco de Mexico; Transcanada Pipelines; and Sempra Energy, according to the meeting minutes.
The deadline to purchase bidding rules to supply 500Mf3/d of re-gasified LNG for 20 years is January 10. Offers are due January 16.
The project's other component entails reception, storage and regasification of LNG and the delivery of natural gas to CFE for 20 years. The state power company will hold this contract's first question-and-answer session October 30. Bidding rules will be available through March 20 with offers due March 26.
Winners of the supply and reception, storage and re-gasification contracts will have to provide guarantees of US$120mn and US$85mn respectively at contract signing.
CFE expects the Manzanillo project in Colima state on the Pacific coast to begin operations in April 2011.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Angola LNG Production Setback Prompts Tender Cancellation (Jan 08)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Sempra Energy more info
- TransCanada Wins Mexico Pipeline Auction as Sempra Disqualified (Apr 08)
- US Approves Exports From Sempra's Cameron LNG Terminal (Feb 11)
- El Paso to Sell Mexican Pipeline Assets (Feb 24)