Independence Hub Successfully Integrated
Atlantia Offshore Limited has successfully integrated the hull and topsides of its DeepDraft Semi for the Independence Hub development.
The operation, which took place quayside at the Kiewit Offshore Services facility in Ingleside, Texas, was completed over several hours on September 20, 2006, utilizing Kiewit's specialized Heavy Lifting Device to set the 8,400-ton deck onto the 10,000-ton hull.
Additional hookup and commissioning activities are expected to continue over the next several weeks after which the Hub will be towed to Mississippi Canyon block 920 in the Gulf of Mexico where it will be moored in a world record 8,000 feet of water. Once installed, the Atlantia DeepDraft Semi will connect to one 24" export gas line, and have the capacity to connect to 16 infield flowlines and 12 umbilicals coming from an initial 10 ultra-deepwater fields. Total designed throughput of the process facility will be one billion cubic feet per day of natural gas.
Independence Hub is owned 80% by Enterprise Products Partners L.P. and 20% by Helix Energy Solutions and will be operated by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, on behalf of the Atwater Valley Producers Group. The Atwater Valley Producers Group is comprised of Anadarko Petroleum, Dominion Exploration & Production, Hydro Gulf of Mexico LLC, Devon Energy Corporation and Energy Resources Technology.
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Enterprise Products Partners LP more info
- Enterprise to Ship More Permian Crude to Texas Gulf Coast (Dec 06)
- Colonial Partners With Enterprise For Fuel Exports From Beaumont Terminal (Oct 10)
- Pompano Gas Production Ramps Up Again (Jul 26)
Company: Atlantia Offshore Limited more info
- Atlantia Unveils SCR-friendly Semisub FPU (Feb 08)
- Aker Kvaerner to Install Thunder Hawk FPU (Jan 11)
- Independence Hub Successfully Integrated (Sep 26)