JDR Wins Umbilical Contract for Maari Field
JDR Umbilical Systems has been awarded an umbilical contract by Tanker Pacific Offshore Terminals Pte Ltd., Singapore, for the OMV Maari field, located in New Zealand. The umbilical, approximately 2km in length, was awarded to JDR on the basis of an extensive design engineering effort, and is due for installation in 2007.
The Maari field, operated by OMV Australia Pty Ltd., will consist of an FPSO and wellhead platform. JDR will supply a 2km medium voltage composite power cable with chemical hoses. Special consideration is given to the dynamic section at the FPSO end, where extra ballasting is designed into the bundle. Elevated temperatures foreseen in the turret area of the FPSO also required special design consideration. Installation will be diverless, including the underwater pull-in operation into the disconnectable turret. Special hardware will be developed to ensure smooth installation.
"The Maari project contains a number of unusual application demands, which lend themselves to JDR's specialized capabilities. JDR has supplied similar, special-engineered solutions to several high-profile projects such as this, including ExxonMobil Kizomba 'A' and 'B'. We are delighted with the client's decision to work with us," commented Gavin Rippe, Sales Manager for JDR Asia-Pacific.
- OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria (Jan 29)
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
Company: JDR Cable more info
- JDR Bags Subsea Deal from GE Oil & Gas for India's Vashishta & S1 Project (May 25)
- JDR Opens New Deepwater Quayside Facility at Hartlepool Dock in England (Jul 10)
- JDR Highest Ranked Original Equipment Manufacturer on UK's Top 100 (Feb 10)