Fugro Wins Contract in Mexico
Fugro Chance de Mexico, S.A. de C.V., in conjunction with its longtime partner, Diavaz, has been awarded a contract for approximately ten geophysical / geotechnical integrated site surveys, pipeline route survey and 3000 sq. km. of 3D data interpretation for Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX), offshore Gulf of Mexico. The contract, awarded by the Northern Marine Region of PEMEX in Poza Rica, Veracruz, has an overall value of 80 million Mexican Pesos (EUR 5.7 million).
The studies, planned to begin mid October, encompasses areas from the western boundary of the Bay of Campeche to the Mexican / U.S. border. The interpretation of the 3D seismic data for possible drilling hazards is within the deep water areas off the Mexican Continental Shelf.
Fugro Chance de Mexico, part of the Fugro Mexico group, has conducted over 300 offshore surveys for PEMEX over the past 13 years, as well as numerous rig moves, marine construction projects and provides other offshore positioning services.
Operations will be handled from the Fugro Mexico offices in Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Pemex more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Pemex Refinery Chief Looks to Deal With Mitsui to Spur Recovery (Feb 02)
- Mexico's Oil Reform A Boon For Hard-Hit Oil Service, Seismic Firms (Jan 30)
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)