VRJ-Petroleum Makes Oil Discovery Offshore Vietnam
On September 20, 2006 oil flow with a rate of 600 cubic meters per day was achieved at Block 09-3 offshore South of Vietnam. The field is being developed by Joint Russian –Vietnamese - Japanese Venture "VRJ-Petroleum Co.", consisting of JSC Zarubezhneft (50%), General Petroleum and Gas Company PetroVietnam (35%) and Japanese company Idemitsu (15%).
The flow was achieved at the Doi Moi oilfield after carrying out the testing of the well 03-9-DM-2X at the depth of 4,130 meters. Testing will continue to be carried out on the well.
The geological reserve of hydrocarbons at Block 09-3 is still preliminary, but is estimated to hold 50-70 million tons of oil.
Block 09-3 is located 150 km from Vung Tau, and is near the area where Joint Russian-Vietnamese Venture Vietsovpetro operates (JSC Zarubezhneft holds Russian shares). A number of oilfields had already been discovered there.
The success in exploring of the south shelf of Vietnam was achieved thanks to clear and coordinated actions of old partners – Russian and Vietnamese state companies JSC Zarubezhneft, GPGC PetroVietnam with participation of Idemitsu.
- PETRONAS Denies Plans to Sell Upstream Assets to Russian Party (May 25)
- Total to Transfer 20% Interest and Operatorship of Kharyaga PSA (Jan 21)
- Russia Oil Output at Post-Soviet High on Foreign Projects, Rosneft (Oct 02)
Company: Idemitsu more info
- OMV Says Wisting Arctic Discovery May Exceed 1B Barrels (Nov 17)
- Tullow Oil: Discovery Made in Cara Prospect Offshore Norway (Sep 16)
- Aker Secures FEED Deal from Idemitsu for Blocks 05-1b, 05-1c Off Vietnam (Jul 12)