Seven Bidders for Four Rio Negro Blocks
The government of Argentina's Rio Negro province has received bids from seven companies for four hydrocarbons blocks in the Neuquen basin, the provincial government said in a statement.
The four blocks - Laguna El Loro, Laguna de la Piedra, Loma Kauffman, and Cinco Saltos - are the first of 18 blocks the province ultimately plans to tender.
The province also planned to tender the Meseta Baya block in this round, but no companies presented bids for its development.
The companies that submitted bids were Argentine oil companies Pluspetrol, Oil M&S, Estrella Servicios Petroleros and Interenergy. Other bidders include Korean oil firm Golden Oil, Canadian oil company Petrolifera and the local subsidiary of US oil company Cliveden.
Golden Oil submitted a bid for the Laguna de Piedra area; Cliveden for Laguna del Loro; Pluspetrol, Cliveden and Interenergy for Cinco Saltos; and Oil M&S, Petrolifera, Interenergy and Estrella Servicios Petroleros for Loma de Kauffman
The government plans to open economic bids on October 19, according to the statement.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Government: Bids on Peru's Biggest Oil Block to Start in April (Mar 06)
- Pluspetrol Interested in Bidding on Peru's Biggest Oil Block (Feb 11)
- Argentina's Pluspetrol to Buy Apco Oil and Gas for $427 Million (Oct 03)
Company: Petrolifera Petroleum more info
- Gran Tierra to Acquire Petrolifera (Jan 18)
- Petrolifera to Start Gas Production at Brillante Well (Nov 11)
- Petrolifera Wraps Up Long Term Test in Colombia (Sep 21)