Trinidad & Tobago Extends Hydrocarbons E&P Round Bidding
Trinidad & Tobago's energy ministry has extended the deadline to submit offers for the current hydrocarbons bid round, the ministry's resource management director Helena Inniss told BNamericas.
The deadline for the onshore, nearshore and shallow-marine blocks slipped to October 31 from August 28, with successful bids to be announced January 2, Inniss said.
Companies that submitted pre-bid applications for all or part of these blocks are the following: Amerada Hess (NYSE:AHC); Apache (NYSE: APA); BG (NYSE: BRG); BHP Billiton Petroleum; Centrica; Challenger Energy (TSX-V: CHA); Canadian Superior Energy (Amex, TSX: SNG); Canadian Voyager; Eni (NYSE: E); EOG (NYSE: EOG); Exxon Mobil (NYSE: XOM); Hardman Resources/Hardman Oil & Gas; Husky Energy International (TSX: HSE); Kerr-McGee TT Offshore Petroleum; Mitsubishi Energy; Mittal Steel (NYSE: MT); NewMarc Petroleum Associates; Nippon Oil; Petrobras Energia Venezuela; PetroCanada (NYSE: PCZ); Petronas; Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP); Statoil (NYSE: STO); Talisman (NYSE: TLM); TED; and Ten Degrees North Energy, according to a ministry document.
The eight onshore/nearshore blocks include shallow and deep horizon areas in each of the Guayaguayare (2,329 sq km), Southwest Peninsula (1,455 sq km), Herrera (953sq km) and Central Range (1,590 sq km) blocks.
The shallow marine blocks are 2(ab) covering 1,605 sq km and NCMA 2 and NCMA 3, which each cover 1,019 sq km. The three blocks have water depths ranging from 25-130m.
Meanwhile offers for eight deepwater blocks now are due November 30 versus August 28 and successful bids are to be announced February 1, Inniss added. Twelve companies have expressed interest in these blocks.
The eight blocks range from 79,947-84,155ha and are off the country's east coast.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Apache and Kayne Anderson Create $3.5B Pipeline Company in the Permian (Aug 09)
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
- Kinder Morgan, EagleClaw and Apache Team Up for $2B Permian Pipeline (Jun 26)
Company: BP plc more info
- Ex-Schlumberger Chief to Acquire Biggest Shale Pipe Servicer (Oct 19)
- BP Thunder Horse Expansion in Gulf of Mexico Starts Early (Oct 18)
- Oil Drillers' Rocky Mountain High Threatened by Colorado Vote (Oct 17)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
- Hammerhead-1 Strikes Offshore Guyana (Aug 30)
- Hess Loss Shrinks As Higher Oil Prices Offset Falling Output (Jul 25)
- Offshore Guyana Block Could Require Five FPSOs (Jul 23)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)
Company: EOG Resources, Inc. more info
- Permian Auction Doubles 2008 Record with near Billion-Dollar Sale (Sep 07)
- 'New Player' Enters Louisiana Austin Chalk (Aug 13)
- EOG Sees Permian Hydraulic Fracturing Work Slowing in 2nd Half (Aug 03)