Trinidad & Tobago Extends Hydrocarbons E&P Round Bidding
Trinidad & Tobago's energy ministry has extended the deadline to submit offers for the current hydrocarbons bid round, the ministry's resource management director Helena Inniss told BNamericas.
The deadline for the onshore, nearshore and shallow-marine blocks slipped to October 31 from August 28, with successful bids to be announced January 2, Inniss said.
Companies that submitted pre-bid applications for all or part of these blocks are the following: Amerada Hess (NYSE:AHC); Apache (NYSE: APA); BG (NYSE: BRG); BHP Billiton Petroleum; Centrica; Challenger Energy (TSX-V: CHA); Canadian Superior Energy (Amex, TSX: SNG); Canadian Voyager; Eni (NYSE: E); EOG (NYSE: EOG); Exxon Mobil (NYSE: XOM); Hardman Resources/Hardman Oil & Gas; Husky Energy International (TSX: HSE); Kerr-McGee TT Offshore Petroleum; Mitsubishi Energy; Mittal Steel (NYSE: MT); NewMarc Petroleum Associates; Nippon Oil; Petrobras Energia Venezuela; PetroCanada (NYSE: PCZ); Petronas; Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP); Statoil (NYSE: STO); Talisman (NYSE: TLM); TED; and Ten Degrees North Energy, according to a ministry document.
The eight onshore/nearshore blocks include shallow and deep horizon areas in each of the Guayaguayare (2,329 sq km), Southwest Peninsula (1,455 sq km), Herrera (953sq km) and Central Range (1,590 sq km) blocks.
The shallow marine blocks are 2(ab) covering 1,605 sq km and NCMA 2 and NCMA 3, which each cover 1,019 sq km. The three blocks have water depths ranging from 25-130m.
Meanwhile offers for eight deepwater blocks now are due November 30 versus August 28 and successful bids are to be announced February 1, Inniss added. Twelve companies have expressed interest in these blocks.
The eight blocks range from 79,947-84,155ha and are off the country's east coast.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: BP plc more info
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP Returns To Solar With Investment In Lightsource (Dec 15)
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
- Hess Shares Fall After Fourth-Quarter Forecast Slashed (Oct 25)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)
Company: EOG Resources, Inc. more info
- Texas' Austin Chalk Booms While Shale Plays Remain Mostly Dormant (Dec 07)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- US Drillers Add No Oil Rigs as Harvey Slows Production - Baker Hughes (Sep 01)