Weatherford Awarded Multi-Million Dollar Contract with Petro-Canada
Weatherford International has been awarded two year, multi-million dollar contract for Petro-Canada in the North Sea. This initial four-well program is located in the Guillemot and Saxon fields, located Northeast of Aberdeen. The scope of the work includes provision of four 5-1/2" expandable sand screens (ESS) completions in open-hole applications in oil producing wells.
The first of the four wells is expected to be completed by the end of 2006 with the GSF Arctic III semi-submersible drilling rig. In total, approximately 11,000 ft. of ESS will be installed.
"This latest award builds upon recent success with an array of clients and solidifies Weatherford's position with expandable sand screens in the UK sector, commented Gary Smart, general manager for Weatherford's expandable completions global business unit. He continued, "Key to achieving this award was the demonstration of Weatherford's project engineering skills, which is one of our many core competencies supporting this technology today."
Since the mid 1990's, Weatherford has been the industry leader in providing expandable completion technologies which challenge and overcome conventional completion design limitations. Through a portfolio of core products and continued technological advancements specific well challenges can be addressed, ultimately helping to maximize reservoir productivity and reserves recovery while minimizing risk and cost.
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Weatherford Names Former Halliburton CFO Its New Chief (Mar 07)
- Document: Algeria's Sonatrach Awards $180M in Oil Service Contracts (May 08)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)