Petrobras, Petroperu to Sign MOU for Joint Development
Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) will sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on September 27 with Peru's state oil company Petroperu to develop joint projects in the Andean country, a Petrobras Peru spokesperson told BNamericas.
Petrobras CEO Jose Gabrielli will fly to Lima for the event and describe the reach of the MOU in a subsequent press conference, the spokesperson said.
The Brazilian company previously announced the two firms were interested in developing joint ventures for E&P, natural gas, biofuels, refining and petrochemicals.
The prospective projects are not included in Petrobras' US$87.1bn, 2007-11 plan.
Petrobras has production activities in block 10 in northwest Peru's Talara area as well as six exploration concessions in the country totaling 57,500 sq km.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: Petroperu more info
- Officials: Peru To Enable Military To Protect Oil Pipeline From Vandals (Mar 01)
- Company: Explosion At Petroperu Crude Oil Tank Kills Two Workers (Dec 06)
- Peru Crude Oil Pipeline Resumes Operation After Year Of Spills (Sep 26)