Fairmount to Deliver Frontier Driller to the U.S.
Frontier Drilling has awarded the contract for the towage of semisubmersible Frontier Driller (ex-Transocean Explorer) to Fairmount Marine. The Fairmount Glacier will be used to tow the rig from Invergordon, UK to Pascagoula, Mississippi.
The Frontier Driller is a second generation semisub capable of working in water depths up to 1,250 feet. The rig will be upgraded for work in deepwater. The rig has a three year contract for work in the Gulf of Mexico after upgrades are complete.
- Noble Expands, Enhances Global Fleet with Frontier Acquisition (Jun 28)
- Shell Continues Evacuations from Western Gulf of Mexico Operations (Jun 28)
- Noble Nourishing Relationship With Shell (Jun 28)
Company: Fairmount Marine more info
- Fairmount Successfully Tows FPSO Petrojarl Knarr to Norway from South Korea (Sep 22)
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 Jackup to Block 15-2 Offshore Vietnam (May 28)
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 to Vung Tau, Vietnam to Prepare for JVPC's Job (May 02)