Bristow Helicopters Secures First Contract in Libya
Through its joint venture partnership with Mediterranean Aviation Company Limited (Medavia), Bristow Helicopters International has secured its first helicopter contract in Libya, supporting Woodside Energy's forthcoming offshore exploration campaign.
Working with Medavia, it is anticipated that the exploration program will start in early 2007 and continue for a minimum period of six months. Bristow will provide one Eurocopter AS332L together with supporting flight and maintenance crew, which will be operated through Medavia and based at Misurata, on the Libyan coast about 200 km East of Tripoli.
Commenting on the contract award, Pedro Blazquez, Director of Bristow International stated:
"Bristow is delighted to be working in Libya for the first time as this important country develops its significant offshore and onshore oil reserves. It is always important for Bristow to work with high quality local partners wherever we fly in the world and Medavia, our Libyan partners, have been key to the success of our joint bid - we look forward to working with Medavia on many other ventures in the future".
A I Zmirli, Managing Director of Medavia commented:
"Medavia's partnership with Bristow, the world's largest provider of helicopters services to the oil and gas sector, shows how two great companies that share common values can come together to provide an assured service for oil and gas customers; a service that will help Libya generate wealth from its abundant oil and gas reserves whilst ensuring that local companies participate in the development of that wealth".
- Offshore Australia Contract Goes to KBR (Oct 11)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- Chevron Unveils Shared Vision for North West Shelf Infrastructure Stimulus (May 16)
Company: Bristow Helicopters more info
- Oil & Gas UK Appoints 4 New Board Members (Aug 25)
- Helicopter Operators Set For Take-Off As Oil Drilling Picks Up (Jun 03)
- New AgustaWestland Helicopter to be used for North Sea Ops (Aug 06)
Company: Mediterranean Aviation Company Limited more info
- Bristow Helicopters Secures First Contract in Libya (Sep 22)