Wood Group Wins Additional Work from Total
Wood Group Engineering (North Sea) Ltd is into the fourth year of a five-year, plus two optional years, Engineering & Construction contract with TOTAL E&P UK PLC, which involves the provision of engineering, design, procurement, construction and ancillary services to TOTAL's UKCS operating assets. During the remaining period of this contract TOTAL plans to spend up to £130 million, resulting in significant employment opportunities for both onshore and offshore personnel.
George Brown, Wood Group Engineering (North Sea)'s Managing Director said, "We are delighted to note this increased project work planned by TOTAL E&P UK PLC. We are extremely pleased to play our part in delivering TOTAL's large investment program to extend the life of existing fields in the UKCS. This will also result in additional employment opportunities in Scotland, both onshore and offshore".
Yann Cartron, Total's Operations Director said, "TOTAL E&P UK is investing significantly in its UK assets to enhance oil and gas production from its existing assets by improving existing plant performance and tying in new wells, which we are actively drilling. We are pleased to add a large portfolio of project work to Wood Group's existing contract with us."
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Wood plc more info
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)