Wood Group Wins Additional Work from Total
Wood Group Engineering (North Sea) Ltd is into the fourth year of a five-year, plus two optional years, Engineering & Construction contract with TOTAL E&P UK PLC, which involves the provision of engineering, design, procurement, construction and ancillary services to TOTAL's UKCS operating assets. During the remaining period of this contract TOTAL plans to spend up to £130 million, resulting in significant employment opportunities for both onshore and offshore personnel.
George Brown, Wood Group Engineering (North Sea)'s Managing Director said, "We are delighted to note this increased project work planned by TOTAL E&P UK PLC. We are extremely pleased to play our part in delivering TOTAL's large investment program to extend the life of existing fields in the UKCS. This will also result in additional employment opportunities in Scotland, both onshore and offshore".
Yann Cartron, Total's Operations Director said, "TOTAL E&P UK is investing significantly in its UK assets to enhance oil and gas production from its existing assets by improving existing plant performance and tying in new wells, which we are actively drilling. We are pleased to add a large portfolio of project work to Wood Group's existing contract with us."
- Saudi Aramco and Total JV to Hire SMBC to Advise on Funding (Jan 17)
- Deepwater Nigeria Field Starts Production (Jan 02)
- Total Spuds Well Offshore South Africa (Dec 27)
Company: Wood plc more info
- Planning for Pivotal Moments: Operating at the Forefront of Commissioning (Dec 26)
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)