Odim Awarded New Seismic Contract in China
Odim has signed a contract with the Chinese seismic company COSL for the supply of a back-deck handling system for a 3D seismic vessel. The value of the contract is approximately NOK 65 million, of which NOK 18 million is resale of products from a subcontractor, securing a more complete system for the customer.
The equipment is due to be delivered during autumn 2007, and the delivery will primarily be based on construction capacity in Asia.
Following the breakthrough in the end of 2005 this is our third contract in China. We believe this confirms our leading position in the market for automated handling equipment for seismic vessels, comments managing director Jogeir Romestrand in ODIM ASA.
Last month ODIM disclosed information on
increased construction capacity in Singapore securing important capacity for existing and potential projects in Asia. Today's contract award in China shows the value of this arrangement in a growth market.
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: Odim ASA more info
- Rolls-Royce Acquires More Than 90% of ODIM Shares (Mar 30)
- Rolls-Royce Gets Green Light for ODIM Acquisition (Mar 22)
- Rolls-Royce Launches Cash Offer for Odim (Feb 26)