Foster Wheeler Undertakes Development Study for Browse LNG in Australia
Foster Wheeler's subsidiary Foster Wheeler Energy Limited, part of its Global Engineering and Construction Group, has been engaged by Woodside Energy Ltd. to undertake a study for a liquefied natural gas (LNG) development that will process gas from the Browse gas fields, off the coast of Western Australia.
The Foster Wheeler contract value was not disclosed and the project was included in the company's second-quarter 2006 bookings.
Foster Wheeler, together with WorleyParsons Services Pty Ltd, its joint venture partner, is leading this study to evaluate the technical considerations for an offshore LNG facility.
"We are delighted to assist Woodside in this significant development opportunity," said Steve Davies, chairman and chief executive officer of Foster Wheeler Energy Limited. "The combination of our experience from our current involvement on the world-scale North West Shelf Venture Phase V LNG expansion project at Karratha, Western Australia, our in-depth technical and project execution expertise in natural gas liquefaction and our knowledge of the global LNG industry will add value for Woodside. We are pleased to assist Woodside in realizing its plans for the development of the Browse LNG project in the Browse Basin."
The Browse gas fields comprise the Torosa, Brecknock and Calliance gas fields which were discovered in 1971, 1979 and 2000, respectively. These offshore fields are in water depths ranging from 35 meters to 700 meters. The Browse LNG project comprises the East and West Browse joint ventures operated by Woodside Energy.
- Offshore Australia Contract Goes to KBR (Oct 11)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- Chevron Unveils Shared Vision for North West Shelf Infrastructure Stimulus (May 16)
Company: Foster Wheeler more info
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)
Company: WorleyParsons more info
- Kazakhstan Wellhead Megaproject Gets Design (Nov 13)
- Five-year Sabic Deal Goes to WorleyParsons (Nov 07)
- TCO Awards EPCM Support Services Deal for Tengiz Expansion Project to KPJV (Jul 12)