The KU-A2 Jacket Sails Out of Tampico
Pemex's KU-A2 jacket has sailed away from Tampico Tamaulipas in Mexico to its final destination at the KU-MALOOB-ZAAP field in Campeche Bay (Gulf of Mexico).
This subsstructure was constructed by Dragados Offshore at its facilities in Tampico, Mexico. The gross weight of the jacket is 3230 tons and it is 80 meters in length.
This substructure was constructed to be part of a production platform for oil stabilization originating from other platforms. The platform consists of six pumps for oil handling and will be able to handle over 25,000 barrels per day. The platform is equipped with thee booster compressors with capacity to each handle 72 MMSCFD.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: Dragados more info
- Dragados Awards Bay of Campeche Subcontracts (Apr 07)
- ITT Provides Offshore Platform Equipment to Mexico's Dragados (Nov 23)
- PEP Taps Dragados for ZAAP-C Platform in Mexico's GOM (Sep 15)