Seadrill Secures Two New Tender Rig Contracts
Seadrill has been awarded a contract by Chevron for extension of the production drilling assignment for the self-erecting tender rig T4. The contract extension has a duration of five years. The estimated contract value is approximately US $156 million. The commencement of the new contract is scheduled for second quarter 2008 following a five-year survey after completion of the current contract. T4 is currently operating offshore Thailand.
The self-erecting tender rig T11 currently under construction at MMHE in Malaysia has been awarded a five-year contract by Chevron for operations in Thailand. The contract is expected to commence in July 2008 following delivery from the yard. The estimated contract value is US $203 million.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)