Salta Receives 10 Bids for E&P of 6 Hydrocarbons Areas
Argentine province Salta's mining and energy resources department on Tuesday morning received a combined 10 bids for the E&P of six hydrocarbons areas, an engineer from the department told BNamericas.
Salta is tendering the following areas: Hickman, Tartagal Oriental, Chirete, Morillo, La Union and Malvala. The areas cover the departments of Anta, Rivadavia and San Martin.
A consortium of Argentine oil company Tecpetrol and Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) presented an offer for the Hickman area.
Tecpetrol, Petrobras and US oil company Occidental (NYSE: OXY) each submitted bids for the Tartagal Oriental area.
The following presented bids for the Chirete area: US oil company Cliveden, a consortium of Oxy and Chinese oil company JHP as well as a consortium of the local YPF subsidiary of Spain's Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP), Argentine oil company Pluspetrol and Canadian oil company Gran Tierra.
Korean oil company Petroterra was the only bidder for the Morillo, La Union and Malvala areas.
The province initially sold 34 sets of bidding rules when the tender was launched. The province's mining and energetic resources department will open economic bids on October 23.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
- Petrobras FPSO Achieves First Oil (Oct 24)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
- Occidental Wants to Keep Rigs Running amid Oil Price Drop (Dec 14)
- Exxon, Chevron and Occidental Join Oil and Gas Climate Group (Sep 20)
- Permian Producer Occidental Raises CAPEX Budget, Investors Balk (Aug 09)
Company: Tecpetrol more info
- Union Leader: Argentina's Tecpetrol To Invest $2.3B In Vaca Muerta (Mar 23)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- PetroNova Relinquishes CPO-6 Interest (Jul 05)