Hocol, Talisman, Tepma win Niscota E&P Contract
A joint venture made up of Colombian oil firms Hocol and Tepma plus Canada's Talisman Energy (NYSE: TLM) has won the E&P contract for the Niscota oilfield in Colombia, an official at hydrocarbons regulator ANH told BNamericas.
ANH shortly will publish the E&P schedule and the specific percentage that each of the three parties holds in the consortium.
"It's a temporary union, a joint venture if you wish," the official said. "They offered a participation of 61% in the production to be paid in kind, in crude."
Niscota is the 23rd E&P contract ANH has awarded this year out of a planned 30.
Niscota is in the Piedemonte area in Casanare department and potential reserves could be as much as 500 million barrels.
In addition to the winning companies, the following qualified to bid for Niscota: Colombia's state oil company Ecopetrol; Spain's Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP); UK major BP (NYSE: BP); London-based Perenco; Argentina's Pluspetrol; and Russian giant Lukoil.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Hocol more info
- Hocol, Total Find Gas Condensate Field Onshore Colombia (Jun 03)
- Maurel & Prom Inks Final Agreement for Sale of Hocol Colombia (May 28)
- Talisman Confirms Gas Condensate Discovery Onshore Colombia (May 20)