Oilex Spuds Cambay-72 in India
Oilex reports that the first well in the Cambay Field drilling program was successfully spud this week. The well, Cambay-72, is located on the crest of the Western High block of the Cambay Field. Drilling operations using the Dalma Energy MR 4 rig are expected to take 9-12 days to reach the planned total depth (TD) of 1835m.
Current operations are drilling ahead at 108 meters prior to running 95/8' casing at 600m. On reaching TD, the well will be logged and casing will be run if there are indications of oil and gas in the well. The rig will then move to the Cambay-71 location and testing of Cambay-72, if warranted, will be undertaken by a workover rig at a later date in October, to be confirmed.
The primary reservoir objective is the Oligocene sandstone (OS II) and the secondary objectives are at Miocene and Eocene levels. These sandstone reservoir units are proven producers in fields immediately to the north and south of Cambay Field. Oil is being produced on the Western High at low rates on an intermittent basis from wells that have suffered formation and well bore damage in the past.
Oilex is Operator of the Cambay Field and holds a 45% equity interest, 15% of
which Oilex acquired from Niko Resources Ltd and remains subject to approval by
the Government of India. Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd holds the
balance 55% interest in the Cambay Production Sharing Contract.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- KrisEnergy Spuds Bangora-6 Development Well in Bangladesh's Block 9 (Sep 05)
- ICSID Orders Petrobangla to Pay Niko $35M It Owed for Gas Deliveries (May 31)
- Reliance Said To Revive Offshore India Gas Project By End-2017 (May 27)
Company: Gujarat State Petroleum Corp. more info
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Oilex Commences Gas Production from Bhandut Field in Gujarat, India (Apr 08)
- GeoGlobal Updates ANK 41-S Drilling In India (Dec 22)
Company: Oilex NL more info
- Oilex Plans to Employ Workover Rig at Cambay-19Z (Jul 15)
- Oilex Gets Feet Wet with Cambay-19Z Test Well (Jun 10)
- Oilex's India, Oman Operations on Schedule (Apr 29)