ANH to Award Niscota Oil Block September 12th
Colombia's hydrocarbons regulator ANH announced on Friday it would unveil the winner of the Niscota block oil E&P concession on September 12.
The bidders are invited to place their offers in a ballot box during a public ceremony. ANH will then open bids and award the offer, in part based on which bidder gives Colombia's government the largest stake in production, an ANH official told BNamericas.
Depending on how much they produce, oil E&P projects in Colombia pay 5-25% in royalties and taxes combined plus US$0.10 a barrel.
The following nine companies have qualified to bid for Niscota: Colombia's state oil company Ecopetrol; Spain's Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP); UK- major BP (NYSE: BP); local firm Tepma; London-based Perenco; Colombian private oil company Hocol; Argentina's Pluspetrol; Canada's Talisman Energy (NYSE:TLM); and Russian giant Lukoil.
Niscota is in the Piedemonte area in Casanare department and potential reserves could be as much as 500 million barrels.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Oil CEOs at Davos See Market Rebalancing (Jan 23)
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- BP Plans to Drill 6 More Wells in Azerbaijan (Jan 10)
Company: Lukoil more info
- Eni and Lukoil Form Offshore Mexico JVs (Nov 06)
- Lukoil Taps SNC-Lavalin for Iraq Contract (Sep 06)
- Lukoil Reports 20% Rise In 2Q Profit On Stronger Oil, Weaker Rouble (Aug 29)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Repsol more info
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Sources: Spain's Repsol Hires Tanker For Iran's Pars Oil As Sanctions Loom (Jun 19)
- Total Signs Deal to Extend TFT Gas Field License in Algeria (Jun 11)
Company: Perenco more info
- Reports: Offshore Gas Worker Dies in North Sea Incident (Dec 07)
- BP: Potential Gas Play Could Open Up New Phase of North Sea Development (Dec 06)
- Golar, Perenco Reach Agreement on Commercial Terms of Cameroon FLNG Project (Jul 01)
Company: Ecopetrol more info
- Union Strike Halts Rigs At Ecopetrol Oilfield, Production Unaffected (Sep 06)
- CEO: Ecopetrol To Focus Spending On Drilling For Rest Of Year (Aug 24)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Cuts Planned 2018 Spending To $3-3.5B (Aug 15)
Company: Hocol more info
- Hocol, Total Find Gas Condensate Field Onshore Colombia (Jun 03)
- Maurel & Prom Inks Final Agreement for Sale of Hocol Colombia (May 28)
- Talisman Confirms Gas Condensate Discovery Onshore Colombia (May 20)
Company: Pluspetrol more info
- Government: Bids on Peru's Biggest Oil Block to Start in April (Mar 06)
- Pluspetrol Interested in Bidding on Peru's Biggest Oil Block (Feb 11)
- Argentina's Pluspetrol to Buy Apco Oil and Gas for $427 Million (Oct 03)