Statoil Awards Contract to Wavefield InSeis
Statoil has signed a letter of intent with Wavefield InSeis for the charter of two seismic vessels for the 2007 season.
Statoil has secured seismic vessel capacity for the majority of its exploration program in Norway in 2007. The group has signed a letter of intent with Wavefield InSeis for the charter of two vessels. Wavefield InSeis is the name of the company formed after the merger between Wavefield Geophysical and InSeis.
"Statoil has an active exploration program for the Norwegian continental shelf," says Tim Dodson, senior vice president for exploration in Statoil's Exploration & Production Norway business area.
"The group has obtained much new acreage in recent years. There is a need for three-dimensional (3D) seismic data in most of these areas in order to mature drillable prospects."
The vessels Geowave Commander and Geowave Champion will gather 4,000-5,000 square kilometers of 3D seismic data from 1 May 2007, mostly on the Norwegian continental shelf.
Geowave Commander will soon be on its way to Norway, after upgrading in a Spanish shipyard. The vessel will perform assignments for Statoil also in the current seismic season. Geowave Champion is being modified in Norway, and is expected to be operative in February 2007.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Wavefield Inseis AS more info
- CGGVeritas Sets the Date for Acquisition of Wavefield Inseis (Feb 04)
- CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow (Feb 03)
- CGGVeritas Closes Mandatory Offer for All Wavefield Shares (Jan 28)