Technip Wins Work at Kupe Field in New Zealand
Technip has been awarded a reimbursable ("cost plus fee") contract worth approximately US $200 million by Origin Energy Resources (Kupe) Limited ("Origin") for the overall development of the Kupe Gas Project. The development is located in the Taranaki Basin, 30km off the west coast of the North Island of New Zealand. Origin is acting as operator of the Kupe Gas Development on behalf of the joint venture formed with Genesis Energy, New Zealand Oil and Gas Limited and Mitsui E & P New Zealand Limited.
This contract will be executed in alliance with Origin and comprises the design, engineering, procurement, installation, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning of:
- An unmanned wellhead platform with capacity for up to 6 wells plus future satellites
- A 12" multiphase pipeline to shore and umbilical from the platform to shore
- A horizontal directionally drilled shore crossing (HDD)
- Onshore processing facilities to meet the planned production rate of 70 Tj/d
- An export pipeline for sales gas
- Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and condensate loading bays
The project team will be based in Technip's offices in Perth (Western Australia) with detail design support from Technip's operations and engineering center in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).
The offshore work is scheduled to begin in the first quarter of 2007 with the platform installation. This will be followed in late 2007 by the rigid pipelay, using the Apache, a Technip vessel, and the diving support works using a vessel from the Technip Subsea 7 Asia Pacific Pty Ltd joint venture. The onshore processing facilities should commence commercial production no later than the first half of 2009.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)