Drilling Resumes at Flamant-1
Since the last report on the Flamant-1 exploration well, repairs have been made to the Blow Out Preventer (BOP) and it has been re-run to the seabed. As of midnight on September 4, 2006, drilling of Flamant-1 to the next planned casing point at 2,110 meters had recommenced with the well having reached a depth of 1,880 meters.
Flamant-1 targets Cretaceous Carbonates and has a planned total depth 3,370m. The well is located in 1,414m of water, approximately 210km from the shore and 195 km North-West from Pelican-1, a Cretaceous gas discovery drilled in Block 7.
On completion of Flamant-1 the Atwood Hunter will drill a second Dana-operated exploration well, Aigrette-1 in Block 7, before returning to Woodside. Equities in Block 8 are:
Dana Petroleum (Operator) 41.5%
Hardman Resources Ltd 18.0%
Roc Oil Company 2.0%
Gaz de France 13.5%
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Hardman Resources more info
- Stratic Names Thomas CFO, Director (Jun 11)
- Govt Offers Blocks 2(ab), Guayaguayare to Hardman, Centrica (May 03)
- Tullow Reports Record Results for 2006 (Mar 21)