Total Says KF Gas Field to Begin Production in Late 2007
Total E&P Nederland B.V. has begun development of a new gas field in block K5, known as K5F, located in the Dutch sector of the North Sea, approximately 110 kilometers northwest of Den Helder.
Total E&P Nederland B.V. is the Operator of this field. Its partners are Energie Beheer Nederland B.V., Goal Petroleum (Netherlands) B.V., Dyas B.V. and Lundin Netherlands B.V.
This K5F development will be produced via two sub-sea production installations and will see the first worldwide implementation of all electrical Xmas trees. This new breakthrough technology brings about increased production system availability, improved operational functionality and enhanced environmental performance, and is expected to benefit new developments by Total E&P Nederland B.V. in the Dutch North Sea.
The produced gas will be exported via a new 10 kilometer long, 8 inch diameter sub-sea pipeline, which will be connected to the existing K6N satellite platform. Treatment of the gas will take place at the K6 gas treatment facility.
Production is planned to start late 2007 and will reach around 2.6 million cubic meters of gas per day.
The K5F project strengthens the position of Total E&P Nederland B.V., a 100 % affiliate of Total S.A., as a major player in the Dutch E&P industry.
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)