Hurricane Exploration Says West Shetlands Well Dry
Hurricane Exploration said that its first exploration well (205/24-1 - West of Shetlands) has reached the primary target. Despite encountering reservoir quality sandstone no hydrocarbons were encountered. Accordingly the well will be plugged and abandoned. It is anticipated that the Bredford Dolphin will move off location by September 2nd.
Hurricane Exploration plc, as operator, and Sunshine Oil plc are 50% JV partners in License PL1368. Well 205/24-1 fulfils the partnership's well commitment to the DTI on this license. Hurricane's CEO Dr Robert Trice stated that "The 205/24-1 well results have been an effective test of the top porosity in block 205/24 and although no hydrocarbons were encountered the results have no negative impact on other identified prospects within the license".
Hurricane Exploration is delighted with the standard of safety and efficiency demonstrated by PEAK (PEAK Well Management) and Dolphin Drilling, who are conducting drilling operations on behalf of Hurricane Exploration plc. Dr Trice added from the rig "In the space of 18 months Hurricane Exploration plc has gone from block application to drilling our first exploration well. This achievement has been aided significantly by the PEAK well management process, and the excellent lines of communication here on the Bredford Dolphin."
- Peak Well Reels in Contract to Supply UHD Fishing Tool Package (Jul 25)
- Antrim: Rig Secured for East Kerloch (Mar 22)
- Granby: Ensco 100 Secured for Tristan NW (Jan 30)
Company: Hurricane Exploration plc more info
- Hurricane Energy to Raise $520 Million to Fund North Sea Field (Jun 29)
- OGA Says Hurricane Can Split Up its West of Shetland License (Nov 09)
- Hurricane Scores Success with Lancaster Appraisal Well (Jun 26)