Technip Wins Pipelay Contract for Cavendish Field Development
RWE Dea reports that the pipelay contract for the 48 km export pipeline from the Cavendish Field to the Murdoch facilities has been awarded to Technip Offshore UK Ltd.
Technip will install the pipeline using the Apache vessel, which is capable of also working in the harsher environment of the winter months and which utilizes the fast reel-lay method of installa-tion. The vessel has become available as a result of the excellent weather so far during the current summer, which has meant that existing contracts have been completed ahead of schedule.
First gas from the Cavendish development is anticipated to occur in the first quarter 2007.
Christoph Schlichter, RWE Dea's UK Managing Director, said:
"Following the successful installation of the Cavendish platform in June, and the expected start of drilling operations on the production wells in September, I am pleased to say that we have been able to secure a pipelay vessel capable of winter operations at a time when all offshore operating equipment is in high demand."
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)