Drilling Suspended at Flamant-1 Offshore Mauritania
Since the last report, drilling of the Flamant-1 exploration well in Block 8 remains at its previously reported depth of 1,867 meters due to stormy weather conditions and mechanical difficulties resulting in the Blow Out Preventer (BOP) being pulled to surface for repair.
Flamant-1 targets Cretaceous Carbonates and has a planned total depth 3,370m. The well is located in 1414m of water, approximately 210km from the shore and 195 km Northwest from Pelican-1, a Cretaceous gas discovery drilled in Block 7 offshore Mauritania.
Partners in Block are Dana Petroleum as operator with 41.5%; Hardman Resources with 18%; Roc Oil with 2%; Wintershall with 25%; and Gaz de France with 13.5%.
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
Company: Hardman Resources more info
- Stratic Names Thomas CFO, Director (Jun 11)
- Govt Offers Blocks 2(ab), Guayaguayare to Hardman, Centrica (May 03)
- Tullow Reports Record Results for 2006 (Mar 21)