Aker Kvaerner Delivers Process Systems to Sonatrach
Aker Kvaerner has been awarded a contract with Sonatrach, the national oil company of Algeria, for delivery of process equipment to Sonatrach's Hassi Messaoud facility located 650 km southwest of Algeirs. The total contract value for Aker Kvaerner is approximately US $23 million.
The process equipment will provide electrostatic desalination and degassing of crude oil, and at the same time improve and upgrade Sonatrach's processing capacity and equipment at the Hassi Messaoud facility.
The delivery consists of three complete skid mounted desalting trains with various ancillary systems plus on site services for the supervision, installation and commissioning of the equipment and operator training. The project will be managed by Aker Kvaerner Process Systems Canada with scheduled delivery of the equipment in the fourth quarter of 2007 and commissioning in the summer of 2008.
"We are extremely pleased to have been awarded this important contract by Sonatrach" says Michael Hambly, President of Aker Kvaerner Process Systems in Canada. "The project will be executed by our Oil Process Systems division in Calgary and is a key element of our strategic initiative to further develop key international markets for our proprietary oil and gas process technologies."
Aker Kvaerner Process Systems Canada is based in Calgary, Alberta with four divisions, EPC, Oil Process System, Gas Process Systems and Fabrication and Service.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Sonatrach more info
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
- Algeria's Sonatrach To Boost Output From Rhourde El Baguel Field (Sep 18)
- Total Signs New Deal With Algeria's Sonatrach And Settles Earlier Disputes (Apr 10)