GE Shipping Orders New Jackup
Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd (GE Shipping) has placed an order for a new build jackup. The rig will be a self-propelled independent leg cantilever jackup. The order was placed with Bharati Shipyard Ltd. The rig will be capable of drilling in water depths of 350 feet. Delivery is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2008.
This order will add to the company's current fleet of two drilling units and will be transferred to Great Offshore Ltd subsequent to the demerger.
With this, the Company's orderbook stands at 16 vessels - in terms of new builds, 5 MR and 4 LR1 Product tankers (aggregating 0.51 Mn dwt), 5 OSVs (4 AHTSVs and 1 PSV) & 1 jackup unit and a modern second hand Suezmax crude carrier.
Besides this, the Company through its subsidiaries has an orderbook of 6 offshore units i.e. 5 OSVs (2 PSVs, 2 AHTSV's and 1 secondhand PSV) and a new build Jackup.
- Great Eastern Shipping Places Order for 2 Construction Support Vessels (May 05)
- GE Shipping - Greatship Receives Anchor Handling Tug Supply Vessel (Jan 02)
- Great Eastern Shipping Orders 2 Support Vessels, Adds to Fleet (Dec 18)
Company: Bharati Shipyard Ltd. more info
- Bharati Shipyard: Construction Commenced on Jackup Rig (Jan 17)
- Bharati Bags Order for 2 PSVs from Opielok (Nov 07)
- Bharati Shipyard Secures Repeat Order from UP Offshore (Aug 02)