Halliburton Scores $60 Million Contract from Total
Halliburton's Drilling, Evaluation and Digital Solutions Division has been awarded a contract valued at more than $60 million to provide Geo-Pilot rotary steerable systems, and directional and logging-while-drilling services for the Peciko, Bekapai, Sisi and Nubi gas fields, offshore Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
"TOTAL E&P INDONESIE is currently running a huge activity in the East Kalimantan area, where up to nine rigs are drilling," said Jean-Christophe Leroy, Peciko Field drilling operations manager, TOTAL E&P INDONESIE. "We expect Halliburton to reach, in the shortest time, the challenging performance objectives we have raised for our offshore gas wells."
Brady Murphy, vice president of Halliburton's Sperry Drilling Services, a product service line of the Drilling, Evaluation and Digital Solutions Division, said: "We are very pleased with this award and for the opportunity to expand our business with TOTAL in Indonesia and to do this from our recently established base in Balikpapan. This contract will take full advantage of a broad array of Sperry Drilling Services' latest drilling and logging-while-drilling technology."
Under separate contracts, Halliburton is also providing cementing and drilling waste management services through its Fluid Systems Division.
- Halliburton Envisions Robo-Fracking (Aug 21)
- Hundreds Line Up for Gushing West Texas Oil Jobs (Aug 03)
- Oil, Gas Companies Focus on Recruitment, Retention in the Permian (Jul 24)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)