Grenland to Design Topsides for Newbuild Drillships
Grenland Group has been awarded two total engineering contracts for drillship topsides designed for operations in deepwater. This confirms the position of Grenland Group as one of the world's leading drillship topside designers.
On August 24, 2006, Grenland Group ASA's Technology Division signed engineering contracts with one of the largest shipbuilders in the world, Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) in Korea. The contract covers extensive engineering work for drilling modules/topsides for the newbuild of deepwater drillships to Ferncliff Drilling AS and Petrobras International Braspetro BV.
The engineering work starts immediately and is planned to be completed by late spring 2007. In this period, 40 people will be engaged with these contracts in Grenland Group's facilities in Tonsberg. This is a continuation of similar projects, successfully delivered to Samsung earlier this year. The total value of these new contracts is approx. NOK 35 million.
Grenland Group is a full-service engineering, procurement and construction company aiming to enhance the business of its customers. The company consists of two divisions; Technology Division and Fabrication Division. Grenland Group has activities at 13 locations in Norway with a total of 950 employees. In addition, the company has engineering subsidiaries in Houston and Kuala Lumpur.
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Grenland Group more info
- Grenland Enters Engineering Agreement with Samsung for Valemon Platform (May 19)
- Grenland Receives LOIs from FMC (Mar 15)
- Grenland Lands FEED Contract for Gullfaks B (Feb 17)