ANH to Pre-launch Caribe Round Next Month
Colombia's hydrocarbons regulator ANH reported it will pre-launch the Caribe hydrocarbons E&P program at an oil exploration symposium event September 24-27 in the city of Cartagena.
The event, dubbed IX Simposio Bolivariano, will showcase oil sector business development and technological advances in the sub-Andean basins.
The pre-launch will provide preliminary information to local companies and the country before the round is officially launched in December at the II Colombia Oil & Gas Conference, an ANH spokesperson told BNamericas.
The Caribe round aims to award contracts in areas of the Tayrona and Fuerte blocks. Anglo-Australian resources group BHP Billiton (NYSE: BHP) freed up areas of Tayrona while US oil major ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM) and Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) did the same with Fuerte, the official said.
Additional information was not immediately available.
The ANH has also organized a seminar at next month's event to provide an update on its ongoing geological studies.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- ExxonMobil and BHP Greenlight Offshore Australia Project (Dec 13)
- Why Majors Will Take a Bigger Role in US Shale (Oct 29)
- Total Rules Out Investing In US Shale Oil After BP-BHP Deal (Aug 27)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
Company: ANH more info
- Colombian ANH's 'Open Round' Roadshow Visits Houston (Feb 04)
- Ecopetrol Hits Hydrocarbons at Tempranillo North-1 (Jan 29)
- Colombia's ANH 'Open Round' Arrives in Calgary (Jan 27)