ANH to Pre-launch Caribe Round Next Month
Colombia's hydrocarbons regulator ANH reported it will pre-launch the Caribe hydrocarbons E&P program at an oil exploration symposium event September 24-27 in the city of Cartagena.
The event, dubbed IX Simposio Bolivariano, will showcase oil sector business development and technological advances in the sub-Andean basins.
The pre-launch will provide preliminary information to local companies and the country before the round is officially launched in December at the II Colombia Oil & Gas Conference, an ANH spokesperson told BNamericas.
The Caribe round aims to award contracts in areas of the Tayrona and Fuerte blocks. Anglo-Australian resources group BHP Billiton (NYSE: BHP) freed up areas of Tayrona while US oil major ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM) and Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) did the same with Fuerte, the official said.
Additional information was not immediately available.
The ANH has also organized a seminar at next month's event to provide an update on its ongoing geological studies.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: ANH more info
- Colombian ANH's 'Open Round' Roadshow Visits Houston (Feb 04)
- Ecopetrol Hits Hydrocarbons at Tempranillo North-1 (Jan 29)
- Colombia's ANH 'Open Round' Arrives in Calgary (Jan 27)