Norway's PSA Grants Drilling Consent to Norsk Hydro
Norway's Petroleum Safety Authority has granted consent to Norsk Hydro to conduct exploration work and use the Transocean Winner for production drilling on Fram Vest. Consent has also been granted for Hydro to use the Songa Dee for production work at the Troll Field.
Both semisubs have received the Acknowledgement of Compliance to drill offshore Norway.
The work on the Fram Vest Field entails drilling appraisal well 35/11-14S, drilling exploration well 35/11-15 and production well 35/11-A-22. The work is expected to take nine months.
The new consent for the Troll Field entails extended duration of the drilling activity until December 31. 2007.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Offshore Oil Recovery Beginning in World's Harshest Environments (Feb 21)
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)