Statoil Extends Cooperation with Odfjell Drilling
Statoil has chosen Odfjell Drilling as strategic partner for further development of cooperation in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. The objective of this cooperation is to improve safety, maintenance, operations and technology within the area.
Statoil emphasizes Odfjell Drilling's focus on continuous improvement and e-operations as the reason for this partnership. Odfjell Drilling is responsible for drilling operations on 5 of Statoil's fixed installations – Heidrun, Snorre A, Snorre B, Visund and Sleipner.
The companies have established a joint team that will select and implement identified projects. Following a planning phase in 2006, execution of strategic projects in drilling operations will start in 2007.
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
Company: Odfjell more info
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)