Patriot Exploration Acquires Big Horn Basin Acreage from Anadarko
Patriot Exploration has purchased 18,000 acres from Anadarko Petroleum Corporation in the central Big Horn Basin in Wyoming. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The newly acquired property is adjacent to land that Patriot and Bill Barrett Corporation currently hold. Patriot plans to offer Bill Barrett Corporation their proportionate share under the recently signed area of mutual agreement between the two companies.
"The purchase from Anadarko increases our position in the Big Horn Basin, which we believe to be an area rich in natural gas reserves," said Jonathan Feldman, founding principal and chief executive officer of Patriot Exploration. "This purchase along with our recent participation agreement with Bill Barrett Corporation makes Patriot a significant investor in the Big Horn region."
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
Company: Patriot Exploration more info
- Patriot Takes Minority Stake in Carrizo's Barnett Ops (Nov 06)
- Patriot Exploration Acquires Big Horn Basin Acreage from Anadarko (Aug 23)