Santos, Partners to Abandon Galloway-1
The Galloway-1 exploration well in the Gippsland Basin permit VIC P/39(V) has been drilled to a total depth of 2,315 meters.
The Latrobe Group was intersected, however logging indicates that the primary and secondary objectives were water bearing and that hydrocarbons are not present.
The well will now be plugged and abandoned and the Ensign 32 drilling rig will move to the PEP 160 exploration well, Glenaire-1, within the Otway Basin.
The participants in VIC P/39(V) are:
--Santos Offshore Pty Ltd (operator), 37.5%
--Nexus Energy (Aust) NL, 37.5%
--Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd, 25.0%
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Nexus Energy more info
- Nexus Resumes Production at Longtom-4 Well in Gippsland Basin (Mar 12)
- Nexus Updates on Plans to Divest its Crux, Longtom Assets in Australia (Feb 21)
- Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant (Jan 14)