Lundin Spuds Inishbeg Offshore Ireland
Lundin Petroleum AB ("Lundin Petroleum") said that the Inishbeg exploration well spudded on August 22, 2006. This frontier exploration well is located offshore Ireland in Block 13/12, approximately 75 km off the northwest coast of Ireland. It is designed to target a large but shallow, gas prone structure at Triassic reservoir level. Well operations are expected to last for approximately one month.
Participants in the license 1/05 are Lundin Petroleum (30.00%), Island Oil and Gas (31.00%), Lansdowne Oil & Gas (19.25%), Petroceltic International (16.25%) and Sunningdale (3.50%).
Lundin Petroleum has also been awarded the following two new Frontier Exploration licenses in the recent Slyne-Erris-Donegal bid round:
--50% in the Inishmore license covering blocks 27/18 and 27/23 and part-blocks 27/17(E) and 27/22(E) in the Southern Slyne. Operator is Island Oil and Gas (50%). --40% in the Inishowen license covering part-blocks 13/4(S), 13/5(S), 13/9(E), 13/13(N), 13/14(N) & 14/1(N) in the Donegal Basin approximately 60 km east of the Dooish hydrocarbon discovery in the Rockall Basin. Operator is Island Oil and Gas (40%) with partner Endeavour Energy Ltd (20%).
Ashley Heppenstall, President and CEO of Lundin Petroleum comments as follows: "We are excited to see the drilling operations underway on the Inishbeg prospect. Lundin Petroleum is pleased to be leading a renewed exploration effort in this frontier area."
Lundin Petroleum is a Swedish independent oil and gas exploration and production company with a well balanced portfolio of world-class assets in Albania, France, Indonesia, Ireland, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Russia, Sudan, Tunisia, United Kingdom and Venezuela.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
Company: Petroceltic International PLC more info
- Petroceltic Board Steps Down Following Survival Scheme Approval (Jun 17)
- At-13 Well in Algeria Hits 240-Foot Gas-Bearing Formation (May 23)
- Petroceltic Says Worldview To Take Control Of Group (May 12)
Company: Island Oil & Gas more info
- Island Oil & Gas Finalizes Terms of Loan for Working Capital (Aug 14)
- San Leon Awarded Full Exploration License in Morocco (Jul 20)
- Serica, Island O&G Collect Exploration Permits Offshore Morocco (Jun 19)
Company: Endeavour Energy UK Limited more info
- Bibby Offshore Delivers Multi-Million Dollar Decommissioning Contracts (Sep 08)
- BMT Cordah Advises on 27th Licensing Round (Feb 19)
- Aker Bags Umbilical Gig for Endeavour's E. Rochelle Proj. (Jul 21)
Company: Lansdowne Oil & Gas plc more info
- Lansdowne Fails to Farm-Out Celtic Sea Licenses (Apr 26)
- Providence: SEL 1/11 License Extended (Nov 03)
- Lansdowne Oil & Gas: Midleton Prospect Well to be Drilled in August (Jun 22)
Company: Sunningdale more info
- Lundin Spuds Inishbeg Offshore Ireland (Aug 22)