OVL Announces Gas Resources of Offshore Myanmar Blocks
ONGC Videsh Ltd. (OVL), along with other consortium partners of Blocks A-1 and A-3 in Myanmar offshore, have announced the Original Gas In-Place and Contingent Gas Resources (Recoverable Reserves) of the Shwe, Shwe Phyu and Mya fields based on an independent assessment/certification done by Gaffney, Cline & Associates (GCA), Singapore.
OVL holds 20% participating interest in these blocks. The other consortium partners in the blocks are Daewoo International Corporation 60% (Operator), Korea Gas Corporation 10% and GAIL (India) Ltd 10%.
The Best Estimates Gas volume (Gas Initially In Place) certified by GCA - the consulting firm for the Shwe, Shwe Phyu and Mya gas fields - are 3.4 TCF, 0.5 TCF & 1.8 TCF respectively, totaling to 5.7 TCF. The High Estimates Gas volume (Gas Initially In Place) for the Shwe, Shwe Phyu and Mya gas fields are 5.4 TCF, 1.2 TCF & 3.4 TCF respectively, totaling to 10 TCF.
The Best Estimates (P50) of Contingent Gas Resources (Recoverable Reserve) of Shwe, Shwe Phyu and Mya are 2.9 TCF, 0.4 TCF and 1.5 TCF respectively, totaling to 4.8 TCF. The High Estimates (P10) of Contingent Gas Resources (Recoverable Reserve) of Shwe, Shwe Phyu and Mya are 4.7 TCF, 0.9 TCF and 3.0 TCF respectively, totaling to 8.6 TCF.
The Shwe and Shwe Phyu field appraisal has been completed by the consortium in May 2006.The Consortium has further announced that they will drill two appraisal wells in Mya discovery and in addition to it, they have identified two more prospects in Block A-3 where they plan to drill one or two exploratory wells in 2007.
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
- Woodside Discovers Gas at Thalin-1A Well Offshore Myanmar (Feb 12)
- Deep-Sea Plan Fails, Leaving Korean Shipyards Struggling (Jul 27)
Company: Gas Authority India Ltd. (GAIL) more info
- Diesel Guzzler Indian Railways Turns To Natural Gas To Cut Cost (Aug 30)
- GAIL India's Online Gas Portal To Boost Transparency (Aug 28)
- India Rethinks Decision To Split Up Gas Utility Gail Ltd (Jun 28)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India Tells State Oil Firm ONGC to List Overseas Unit (Aug 21)
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
Company: Korea Gas Co. more info
- LNG Canada Ticking the Boxes Toward Approval, Servicers Say (Jul 12)
- CEO: Total Delivers First LNG Cargo from Australian Gladstone Project (Oct 15)
- KOGAS Says Its CEO To Tender His Resignation On Monday (Jan 11)