Tidewater Honors Late Oilman with New Vessel
Tidewater Inc. reported the christening Monday of one of its new vessels, the M/V PAT TAYLOR, named in honor of the late New Orleans businessman, Patrick F. Taylor.
Phyllis M. Taylor, wife of Pat Taylor and current Chairman and CEO of Taylor Energy Company LLC, at press time was scheduled to christen the new 220' platform supply vessel. The vessel was built by Quality Shipyards, LLC, a subsidiary of Tidewater located in Houma, La.
Dean E. Taylor, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Tidewater, commented, "We normally name company vessels after our dedicated company employees and directors, but we felt like the numerous contributions of Pat Taylor to the energy industry and to the community should be recognized in this unique manner. Tidewater is honoring Pat Taylor as a successful businessman and humanitarian, and for all that he did for Louisiana and for those who were worthy of, but without the means to, higher education. Thanks to Pat Taylor's efforts, countless numbers of American students have the opportunity to attend college based on their ability to learn, not their ability to pay. By naming a vessel in Pat's honor, we at Tidewater aspire to assure that his spirit will continue to have an influence on our company in the future."
Tidewater Inc. owns over 500 vessels, the world's largest fleet of vessels serving the global offshore energy industry.
- Tidewater Maintains Weak OSV Outlook, but Positioned for Opportunities (May 28)
- Tidewater Clinches Construction Contract with Drydocks World (Oct 06)
- Tidewater Strengthens Senior Management Team (Apr 02)
Company: Taylor Energy Co. LLC more info
- Environmental Group Files Suit Over Ongoing Oil Leak (Feb 02)
- Clough Secures GOM Work with 2 Clients for Normand Clipper (Oct 07)
- KNOC and Samsung Enter GOM, Courtesy of Taylor Energy (Feb 01)