Hydro Completes Peon Re-entry
Hydro has completed a re-entry operation in the Peon gas discovery on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
The operation in the discovery well 35/2-1 R was completed with the drilling rig Deepsea Trym. Evaluation based on the well construction prior to a planned production test concluded with a postponement of the testing during the operation.
A program to further increase the understanding of the field is now under way, in order to seek an optimal field development solution: Additional data-acquisition and planning activities are in progress and a seismic acquisition program will be completed later this fall.
The gas field located in production license 318 was discovered by Hydro in the North Sea in August 2005, about 100 kilometers west off the coast of Sogn og Fjordane county in Norway.
Peon is operated by Hydro. Co-owners are Petoro and Idemitsu.
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Petoro more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Norway's Parliament Approves Plan for Arctic Oilfield (Jun 11)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
Company: Idemitsu more info
- Source: Activist Fund Oasis Takes Stakes in Japan's Idemitsu & Showa Shell (Jun 15)
- OMV Says Wisting Arctic Discovery May Exceed 1B Barrels (Nov 17)
- Tullow Oil: Discovery Made in Cara Prospect Offshore Norway (Sep 16)